report this ad
Just For Fun
Quizzes to Consider
Create a Quiz
Add a New Topic
Locations & Scores
Become a Host
/ High School Science Odyssey
Can you name the answers to these various high school science questions??
Quiz not verified by Sporcle
Popular Quizzes Today
NHL States & Provinces
Alphabetically Adjacent European Countries
Find the US States - No Outlines Minefield
Artist/Song Match (1990s)
Multiple NFL Super Bowl Winners
Rate 5 stars
Rate 4 stars
Rate 3 stars
Rate 2 stars
Rate 1 star
ADD to PLAYLIST
How to Play
If you would like a little help, type Hint X to receive another fact or hint on how the problem can be solved. So, if you were having trouble on problem 1, type "Hint 1". Calculator recommended.
Tectonic Plate Boundaries
Class and Topic
I am a cellular organelle, present in non-plant eukaryotic cells, tasked with producing much of the ATP for the cell. Who am I?
Anatomy of a Cell
Malaria ran rampant through Africa, killing many people over the ages. What harmful genetic defect helped contribute resistance to malaria?
Cystic fibrosis is an autosomal-recessive disease. Suppose both your grandfathers had the disease, and your grandmothers had no history of it. What is the chance that you have CF?
I am a well-known gas which is lighter than air, and very dangerous due to my ability to imitate oxygen in your lungs and silently put you to sleep. What's my full name?
85g of silver nitrate is mixed into 2 L of 0.4M hydrochloric acid. How much solid silver chloride will be precipitated, to the nearest 0.1g?
I have a container with a gas at a pressure of 1.00 atm and a temp. of 0 deg. C. If I raise the temp. to 25 deg. C, what will the pressure be to the nearest 0.01 atm?
Our high school quarterback just lobbed a deep, high pass at 25 m/s at a steep 60 deg. angle. How far down the field (to the nearest 0.1m) will the receiver catch the ball?
A 100 kg box sitting on a 30 deg. frictionless slope begins to slide down the ramp. John can push with a force of 300N. How hard (in N) must Jane push to stop the box from sliding?
A 9 volt battery is connected to a circuit with two lamps in series, with resistances 5 ohms and 10 ohms respectively. What is the current flowing through the circuit?
I am a famous biologist and chemist, known for developing a method to kill bacteria in some food and drink as well as creating the first rabies vaccine.
1) I may even be a type of symbiosis, as I have my own genome with my own DNA!
2) Malaria's life cycle involves the destruction of erthyrocytes, also known as red blood cells.
3) Autosomal Recessive signifies that both parents must contribute a defective gene in order for the disease to appear.
4) I am made up of two different atoms triple bonded, almost like the double bond in O
+ HCl --> AgCl (s) + HNO
Molar masses of elements: Ag = 107.87, N = 14.007, O = 15.999, Cl = 35.45, H = 1.0079
6) Pressure and temperature are proportionally related. Also, don't forget that 0 deg. C is equal to 273.15K
7) Treat the vertical vector before the horizontal vector, but remember that the ball is in the air for the same time for both. Also, g = 9.8m/s.
8) Though the box weighs 100 * 9.8 = 980N on a flat surface, only a portion of that force is directed down the ramp and depends on the steepness of the ramp.
9) The most well known electromagnetic equation is Ohm's law, which states that V = I * R.
10) My method of heating milk or wine for a period of time to kill bacteria is named after me and still used to this day!
report this ad
You're not logged in!
Compare scores with friends on all Sporcle quizzes.
Connect with Facebook
Connect with Google
Sign Up with Email
You Might Also Like...
'A' in Science
Clickable Scientific Discoveries
(warning: may contain spoilers)
Top Quizzes Today in Science
Planetary Profile: Venus
The Solar System Ladder
Top Quizzes with Similar Tags
'F' in Science
Clickable Sporcle Quiz Show: Science
'A' in Science
Almost Useless Science Trivia
Top User Quizzes in Science
Oceanian Animals (Picture Click)
Sporcle Puzzle Hunt: Science
Symbols of 50 most common elements
Factors of 2030
Your Account Isn't Verified!
In order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration. Go to your
to finish the process.
report this ad
mentally stimulating diversions
Quizzes for your site
Report a Problem
Copyright © 2007-2016 Sporcle, Inc.
Established January 30th, 2007
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →