report this ad
play quizzes ad-free
Just For Fun
Quizzes to Consider
Create a Quiz
Add a New Topic
Locations & Scores
Become a Host
/ How's your Vocab!?
Can you name the Dictionary.com Words of the Day for August!?
Quiz not verified by Sporcle
Popular Quizzes Today
South American Geography Bunker
Icons Unmasked IV
Find the US States - No Outlines Minefield
2008 Movies by Poster
General Knowledge: Jeopardy Style II
Rate 5 stars
Rate 4 stars
Rate 3 stars
Rate 2 stars
Rate 1 star
ADD to PLAYLIST
Language Basics: German
1. Understood or known by only a few
A _ C _ _ E
1. A distinctive shape, contour, or line, especially of the face. 2. A distinguishing or characteristic feature; -- usually in the plural.
L _ N _ _ _ _ N T
1.Jumping or passing from one thing or subject to another without order or rational connection; disconnected; aimless.
D E _ _ _ T _ R Y
1. A state of being equally balanced; equilibrium; -- as of moral, political, or social interests or forces. 2. Counterbalance
E Q _ _ P _ _ _ _
1. Enthusiastic vigor; vivacity; liveliness; spirit.
B _ I _
1. Mental dullness or sluggishness.
H _ B E _ _ D _
1. Marked by lighthearted unconcern or indifference; carefree; nonchalant.
I N S _ _ C _ _ _ _
1. Painful or arduous work; severe toil or exertion. 2. Agony; anguish. 3. The labor of childbirth. 4. To work very hard; to toil.
T _ _ V _ _ L
1. An occupation; a profession. 2. An area in which one excels; an occupation for which one is especially well suited.
M _ _ _ E R
1. [Archaic] Possibly; perhaps. 2. Chance, uncertainty, or doubt.
P _ _ A D V _ _ _ _ R E
1. An object that serves as a focal point of attention and admiration.
C Y _ _ S _ R _
1. Any body that gives light, especially one of the heavenly bodies. 2. A person of eminence or brilliant achievement.
L _ M _ _ A _ Y
1. Done by stealth; surreptitious; secret; as, a ******* look. 2. Expressive of stealth; sly; shifty; sneaky. 3. Stolen; obtained by stealth.
F _ _ T _ V _
1. Rapidity of motion or action; quickness; swiftness.
C E _ _ R _ _ Y
1. Frivolous spending of time; dawdling. 2. Playful flirtation.
D A L _ _ _ N C _
1. To remove or modify the parts (of a book, for example) considered offensive. 2. To modify, as by shortening, simplifying, or distorting in style or content.
B _ W D _ _ _ _ Z _
1. A regular rising and falling or movement to alternating sides; movement in waves. 2. A wavelike form, outline, or appearance. 3. One of a series of waves or wavelike segments.
U _ D _ _ _ T I _ _
1. Presenting favorable circumstances or conditions. 2. Favorably inclined; gracious; benevolent.
P R _ _ _ T I _ _ S
1. A pleated or gathered flounce on a woman's garment; a ruffle. 2. Something showy or superfluous; a bit of showy ornamentation.
F _ _ B _ _ O W
1. To conclude or sum up a long discourse. 2. To speak or expound at length; to declaim.
P _ _ O R _ _ E
1. To render useless or ineffectual; cripple. 2. To cause to appear stupid, inconsistent, or ridiculous. 3. Law To allege or prove insane and so not legally responsible.
S T _ _ _ _ _ Y
1. To provide veterinary care for (an animal). 2. To provide (a person) with medical care. 3. To examine carefully; to subject to thorough appraisal; to evaluate.
V _ _
1. Inclined to keep silent; reserved; uncommunicative. 2. Restrained or reserved in style. 3. Reluctant; unwilling.
R _ _ I C E _ _
1. To treat with contempt and disregard; to show contempt for. 2. To mock, to scoff. 3. Mockery, scoffing.
F _ _ _ T
1. To yield or bend obsequiously to the will of another; to act in a subservient manner. 2. A small wheel or roller; a caster.
T R _ _ K _ _
1. The gape of the mouth, as of birds. 2. A gaping grin or grimace.
R _ C T _ _
1. Born under or being under the astrological influence of the planet Saturn. 2. Gloomy or sullen in disposition. 3. Having a sardonic or bitter aspect.
S _ _ _ R N _ _ E
1. Great pleasure; delight, enjoyment.
D E _ _ _ _ A T I _ _
1. Wary; cautious. 2. Not giving or expending freely; sparing.
C H _ _ Y
1. Someone who takes part in a conversation, often formally or officially.
I N T _ _ L _ C _ _ O _
1. A harsh settlement unilaterally imposed on a defeated party. 2. An authoritative decree or order.
D _ K _ _ T
report this ad
hide this ad
You're not logged in!
Compare scores with friends on all Sporcle quizzes.
Connect with Facebook
Connect with Google
Sign Up with Email
You Might Also Like...
The Synonym Challenge
Ends in -ENTIAL
(warning: may contain spoilers)
Curator's Pick Aug 7, 2011
Top Quizzes Today in Language
Which Language? II
Call the Grammar Police
Right or Wrong Definition?
Top Quizzes with Similar Tags
Words That End in 'M' Alphabetically
E Before I, Not After C
Indefinite Definitions VI
Top User Quizzes in Language
The HaggardHawks Missing Letters Game 4
10 'Gen' Words
Which Language? III
20 Questions Wrong: Language
Your Account Isn't Verified!
In order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration. Go to your
to finish the process.
report this ad
play quizzes ad-free
mentally stimulating diversions
Quizzes for your site
Report a Problem
Copyright © 2007-2017 Sporcle, Inc.
Established January 30th, 2007
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →