Application Frequently Asked Questions
|What is the minimum age requirement to work at Sporcle?|
You must be 18 to apply to positions at Sporcle HQ. Trivia Hosts must be at least 21 years old.
|After I apply, how will I be contacted?|
After you apply on Sporcle.com/jobs, you will receive an email inviting you to complete a HireVue interview. This is an important part of our process because we want to get to know you. If it goes well, we will contact you to discuss the next steps.
|Can I speak with a recruiter about my application or my interview?|
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, our recruiters do not provide feedback on applications or interviews.
|Why did I not get selected for an interview or the job?|
Some of the most common reasons candidates are not selected are:
• Availability did not match the job requirements.
• Minimum qualifications are not met.
• The position was filled.
• Other applications had more specific experience/ qualifications.
HireVue Frequently Asked Questions
|What is HireVue?|
HireVue is a video interview tool that lets us “interview” applicants on their own schedules. It will provide you with questions, give you time to prepare, then record your answers.
|Why should I complete the HireVue Video? Is it mandatory?|
Yes, the HireVue video is mandatory.
Our recruiters review every HireVue submission individually because we want to get to know the person behind every resume and application.
|What type of questions will I be asked?|
It’ll ask you stock interview questions intended to give us an idea of your personality. We will also ask some job-specific questions. If you’re applying for a host position, that’ll mean reading a sample question.
Don’t worry too much about having the “right” answer or making no mistakes. We know no one is perfect!
|Can I do an interview over the phone or in-person instead of a video?|
All candidates are required to complete their HireVue interview. If you are moved forward, a recruiter will reach out to you for a phone interview.
However, if you have specific accessibility needs please reach out to us.
|I can’t access the HireVue online interview. |
Make sure you are using the correct username – provided in your email invitation. Then click forgot password. Click here if you need assistance with your password: hirevuesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
|I can’t find the red button it says to press to start my video interview.|
At the bottom you may see a white box with a red X, if you hover over it, you should be able to click and go to the link. You may have images disabled on your email browser. You may also need to allow images to be shown in your email preferences.
|I applied to multiple positions. Do I have to do multiple HireVue interviews?|
Yes. Each position has different requirements that we base our HireVue questions on.
|Where should I report HireVue technical issues?|
For HireVue technical issues, refer to the HireVue Customer Support by using the HireVue Help Center link: hirevuesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
|How much time after applying do I have to submit the HireVue video interview?|
The sooner the better to be seriously considered for opportunities. We ask at minimum to please submit the video interview within 5 days of submitting your application.
|How does the HireVue video interview benefit me?|
This process allows flexibility to you by allowing you to submit a short interview based on your busy schedule. It is also a lesser time commitment than a traditional interview, typically taking 10–15 minutes. Again, the purpose of this is to get to know you a little better by allowing our team to watch your interview. If you simply achieve that as being a good fit for the role, we’ll then be in direct contact with you to discuss the opportunity further.
Hints and Tips
|Tips for a successful video interview |
• Dress code: Business casual is fine.
• Minimize distractions: Turn off notifications on your phone and/or computer. Not only is this distracting for you, but we can sometimes hear them on our end.
• Speak clearly: Express yourself clearly and concisely.
• Be specific: Remember that the amount of time you have is limited.
• Consider your presentation: Your body language will say a lot more about you than you expect.
• Smile: This will help you to relax and better engage with us. Talking to a blank screen might seem odd. Applicants have found it helpful to imagine talking to a close friend or colleague
Remember, we just want to get to know you better!
|Preparing for your video session: |
• Do your research and learn about Sporcle and the role you are applying for. Think about how you want to present yourself and what you can do to make a positive first impression.
• Practice, especially if you have never answered video questions before. Try recording yourself answering some stock interview questions.
HireVue will also give you some practice questions before you begin. These are not real questions and we will not see your answers.
• Nervous? Ask someone who knows you well to give suggestions and feedback about how you can sound more natural.
• Check your internet connection and camera, as you will need a stable Internet connection and a device with a camera and microphone (e.g., a computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone).
• Choose a nice and comfortable environment, and make sure to check your lighting and background. Avoid having bright light sources behind you. Backlighting makes it hard for us to see your face.
• Log into HireVue before you do the actual interview and run the setup. This will check your camera, connection, and microphone and let you know if there is a problem with anything.
Once it runs the setup, you will receive confirmation of its success.
You can then close your browser and come back when you’re ready.