The 500 Millionth Game Play Sweepstakes
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND SPORCLE, INC. (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD A PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit one entry per person.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 10:00 a.m. (all times Pacific Time) on April 14th 2011 and ends when the 500 millionth game at www.sporcle.com (“Game”) is played (“Promotion Period”). For purposes of the Promotion, the 500 millionth Game is considered to be played when either a registered and verified, logged-in (see Section 7 below for registration and log-in information) entrant plays the 500 millionth Game to completion or Sponsor receives an alternative e-mail entry after the 499,999,999th Game has been played, whichever occurs first. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
4. Prize. One winner will receive one 16 GB Apple iPad 2. Approximate Retail Value: $499.00
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize will be awarded. A prize returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within 30 days after delivery of notification may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address (a) submitted at time of entry (for alternative, e-mail entries) or (b) associated with entrant’s online Sporcle account (for Game play entries). An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter the Promotion:
Game Play Method:
- Step 1: Be a registered and verified user of www.sporcle.com. (If you are not a registered user of www.sporcle.com, simply visit http://www.sporcle.com/auth/register.php and follow the directions to register for free.)
- Step 2: Visit www.sporcle.com and login to your online www.sporcle.com account.
- Step 3: Play a Game.
Alternative E-mail Method: Send an email to email@example.com with all required information, including your name, complete mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. Once you complete your online entry, follow the instructions to submit your entry.
3. For All Entries: All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. Limit one entry per person. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor.
By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
8. Promotion Rules. The prize will be awarded for the entry (either through a Game play or through the alternative e-mail method) sent immediately after the 499,999,999th Game is played. The potential winner will be determined by the order of the entries received. In the event that more than one entrant would be a potential winner based on the simultaneous timing of entries, one potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from the simultaneously timed entries to be held within one week after the 499,999,999th Game is played.
The potential winner will be notified by e-mail within one week after the potential winner is identified by Sponsor. To claim a prize, the potential winner should follow the instructions contained in his/her notification.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Selection of Prize. Actual model, color, accessories and features of the 16GB iPad 2 (except for memory and version) awarded will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in Sponsor’s print and online materials and advertising, including on Sponsor’s web site.
11. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his/her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
12. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winner will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
13. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after May 15, 2011 and before May 15, 2012 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: ‘500 Millionth Game Play‘ Sweepstakes Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: ‘500 Millionth Game Play’ Sweepstakes Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
14. Intellectual Property Notice. SPORCLE is a trademark of Sporcle, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2011 by Sporcle, Inc. All rights reserved.
15. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control impairs the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: ‘500 Millionth Game Play’ Sweepstakes Questions.
16. Sponsor: Sporcle, Inc., 124 NW Canal Street Suite #1, Seattle, WA 98107.