Another superhero winter cycle, another seasonal Marvel movie to watch around December. Almost like clockwork. Anyway, Tom Holland’s Spider-Man will be seeing another outing with Spider-Man: No Way Home. You’d think he’d have found his way around, considering the first one was Homecoming and the other was Far From Home. While you think about whether or not Spider-Man can make his commute back from work safely, we are in the comfort of our own homes–so here are some Spider-Man quotes from the MCU you can go home with.
1. “You have a metal arm? That’s awesome, dude!”
Yeah, having a metal arm is pretty neat. Must be why the iron spider suit he got has those four-metal-spider-leg-arm-things on his back.
2. “Mr. Stark, I don’t feel so good.”
Side effect of turning into dust is not feeling very comfortable.
3. “I helped this old lady and she bought me a churro.”
Does he eat with the mask on? He must get crumbs everywhere.
We all should know, eating without moving your mask is a bad idea.
4. “I’m just a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.”
Hi, just a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, we’re Sporcle.
5. “That thing does not obey the laws of physics at all.”
Sorry, kid, but you’re probably made the wrong career choice if you’re worried about Captain America’s frisbee and physics. Nobody tell him about the big purple guy who literally said “reality can be whatever I want.”
6. “Oh, I love Led Zeppelin!”
A lead zeppelin probably wouldn’t be too good with the laws of physics either.
7. “What? No, no, no, I don’t wanna kill anybody!”
Well why are you going to install the instant-kill package if you’re not going to use it?
8. “Do you remember when we were all in space and I got all dusty? And I must’ve passed out because I woke up and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right? And he said ‘it’s been five years. Come on, they need us.’ And he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does.”
He got better.
9. “You’re a criminal! Bye, Mr. Criminal!”
Being named “criminal” must have been a very unfortunate day signing the birth certificate.
10. “Excuse me, sir! I can help! Let me help! I’m really strong and I’m… sticky!”
Ah yes, the most powerful of Spider-Man’s powers. Being sticky.
11. “Why would I tell him about the churro?
Because we just think it’s neat.
12. “I-I got… homework.”
The only thing scarier to an over-achieving high-schooler paranoid about their college apps than the end of the world is a GPA hit because someone else wanted the world to end.
Does being literally Spider-Man make it past those college app auto-filters?
13. “Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I’m sorry.”
We’ll name the little guy Ripley or Newt for you.
14. “Hi, I’m Peter, by the way.”
Wait, we thought you were just a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
15. “Oh, we’re using our made-up names? Um. I’m Spider-Man then.”
See if you know who Spider-Man deals with on a daily basis here.