In the same way that people may recall growing up with Star Wars, a whole new generation of die-hard fans and casual movie watchers alike have fallen in love with the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Recently, the record-breaking haul from Avengers: Endgame catapulted the franchise to one of the highest box-office totals of all time.
With the “Infinity Saga” officially coming to an end, we thought we’d share a few quotes from the hero that started it all back in 2008: Iron Man. Here are a few of your favorite Iron Man quotes, and perhaps a few you might have forgotten.
Best Iron Man Quotes From the MCU
1. “Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.” – The Avengers (2012)
2. “I told you. I don’t want to join your super secret boy band.” – Iron Man 2 (2010)
3. “Can’t you just be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?” – Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4. “I don’t care. He killed my mom.” – Captain America: Civil War (2016)
5. “Have you ever tried shawarma? I don’t know what it is, but I wanna try it.”- The Avengers (2012)
6. “So if I were to wrap this up tight with a bow or whatever, I guess I’d say my armor was never a distraction or a hobby. It was a cocoon. And now, I’m a changed man. You can take away my house, All my tricks and toys. One thing you can’t take away… I am Iron Man.” – Iron Man 3 (2013)
7. “If you’re nothing without this suit, then you shouldn’t have it.” – Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
8. “Give me a scotch, I’m starving.” – Iron Man (2008)
9. “You’re in a relationship with me. Everything will never be okay.” – Iron Man 3 (2013)
10. “’Mr. Stark displays textbook narcissism’… Agreed.” – Iron Man 2 (2010)
11. “Is it better to be feared or respected? And I say, is it too much to ask for both? With that in mind I humbly present the crown jewel of Stark Industries’ Freedom Line. It’s the first missile system to incorporate our proprietary repulsor technology. They… say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree! I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once! That’s how dad did it! That’s how America does it! And it’s worked out pretty well so far. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chains and I personally guarantee you, the bad guys won’t even wanna come out of their caves. For your consideration: the Jericho.” – Iron Man (2008)
12. “I have successfully privatized world peace.” – Iron Man 2 (2010)
13. “Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we’ll avenge it.” – The Avengers (2012)
14. “My only curse is you.” – Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
15. “We have a Hulk.” – The Avengers (2012)
16. “That shield doesn’t belong to you. You don’t deserve it. My father made that shield.” – Captain America: Civil War (2016)
17. “I see a suit of armor around the world.” – Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
18. “A famous man once said, ‘we create our own demons’. Who said that? What does it even mean? It doesn’t matter; I said it because he said it, so now he was famous and then basically getting said by two well-known guys. I don’t… argh. Let me start again.” – Iron Man 3 (2013)
19. “Well, like the old man said… together.” – Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
20. “I am Iron Man.” – Iron Man (2008)
If you liked this post, make sure to check out our Marvel tag to learn more interesting facts and trivia about the franchise.
Or, test your skills in the Marvel movie trivia gauntlet below!