It has been said that a problem well stated is a problem half-solved.
Just went to Sporcle and it isn’t working!
I played a game and my score didn’t register.
The random button didn’t work right.
We understand the frustration that can come with hitting a problem or a snag in your quiz playing and we are here to help, but…
With somewhat vague problem statements, we will almost always come back asking for more information. So next time, you write into support or post a problem, please start out by including the following:
- What browser are you using? What OS?
- Do you have Ad-Block enabled? Is Sporcle white-listed?
- If you have Ad-Block going, what type and version?
- Does this happen on every quiz/challenge/badge?
- When did the problem start?
- Are you on a desktop computer, mobile device or using the Sporcle app?
- Do you have any extensions or plugins going in your browser?
Where applicable, screenshots and links can be gold. A good problem statement usually includes what went wrong and what you expected to happen.
With just a bit more information we can generally help get you squared away.
Derek Pharr is Vice President of Products at Sporcle and an occasional writer of random topics and bad jokes. He also has an odd addiction to Taylor Swift songs and hates white foods.