Sporcle teaches us tons of stuff every day. If you share our thirst for knowledge, check out these 10 cool facts.
1) Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13. It doesn’t have to be unlucky, though – just take a look at this quiz! Don’t forget to earn your Friday the 13th badge while you’re at it. If you don’t, you’re out of luck until the next Friday the 13th rolls around.
2) A lot happened in the 1960s. People went to space, Jeopardy first aired, and a very famous country flag made its debut. Find out more about these and other history facts by checking out the 20th Century History Hodgepodge quiz.
3) Russia has a lot of borders. Understandable, given its size, but can you pick them all?
4) You can spell borscht many different ways. It’s tasty no matter how you cook it, though!
5) Cartoon characters are recognizable even by their silhouettes. It’s like a logo quiz, but with funny people instead!
6) The word “volcano” comes from the name of the Roman god of fire. Check out more Roman gods and their Greek counterparts by playing the Roman to Greek Gods quiz.
7) March 12 has been an eventful date throughout the years. Find out what’s so important about it here.
8) Batman villains have the funniest names. We really liked the decoy answers in this quiz, too – Shifty Nickels, Villain of All Spare Change, anyone?
9) Celebrities like NCAA sports just as much as regular people do. You might be surprised by some of these famous sports fans and who they root for!
10) J.R.R. Tolkien was not only a prolific author, but an accomplished artist as well. We learned this while researching for one of this week’s #theresaquizforthat tweets. If you haven’t yet, head on over to the Sporcle Twitter feed for more daily facts!