Sporcle teaches us tons of stuff every day. If you share our thirst for knowledge, check out these 10 cool facts.
1) Tom Cruise sat on the very top of the Burj Khalifa – the world’s tallest building – and lived to tell the tale. He also climbed it, ran along its outer walls, and jumped out one of its windows, all in the name of filming Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
2) People have spent four times as much time watching PSY’s Gangam Style music video as they have building the Great Pyramid. It really makes us wonder how much – or how little – the ancient Egyptians would have done if YouTube had existed back then.
3) Most people can name the three most populous countries in order, but after that, it gets much harder.
4) “Obstreperous” is an actual word in the English language. That being said, it’s not often that you’ll hear that particular word being used in an everyday conversation.
5) You don’t need to be a botany expert to be able to recognize fruit from pictures of their insides.
6) Only one UK Prime Minister was ever assassinated. Find out who by playing the UK History Grab Bag.
7) It’s possible to recognize great works of art, even after they’ve been pixelated. Now if only it were possible to recognize colors on the internet properly… we’re looking at you, black and blue dress.
8) Manute Bol, a basketball player from South Sudan, was 7’7″. He wasn’t the tallest man to ever live, but he was definitely up there!
9) You can get from Nigeria to Israel by land and only have to travel through three other countries to do so. Want to test your navigational skills? Try the Border Chain Match-Up!
10) Llamas can run at speeds of up to 35 mph. No wonder the Sun City police force had a really hard time catching two llamas that got loose yesterday! We learned this while researching for yesterday’s #theresaquizforthat tweet. If you haven’t yet, head on over to the Sporcle Twitter feed for more daily facts!