Sporcle teaches us tons of stuff every day. If you share our thirst for knowledge, check out these 10 cool facts.
1) Jellyfish don’t have hearts. Weird, but true. Don’t believe us? Check out this quiz for more strange heart related facts.
2) Matt Damon made a lot of movies in 2011. Surprisingly enough, none of them were action movies!
3) Tycho Brahe, an astronomer and rival of Copernicus, had a brass nose and a pet moose. Apparently the moose died after drinking a lot of beer and then falling down the stairs. We learned this one while researching the Famous Scientist Match-up – check it out for more fantastic names!
4) Every single Friends episode, except three, is titled “The One With…” One of those special cases is in the first season, and it happens to share a common title with episodes from a lot of other TV shows. Can you guess what it is?
5) It’s really hard, but still possible, to match 30 lead singers to their bands in a minute. That being said, Mick Jagger should probably be singing “Time is not on your side…” for this one.
6) After they’ve been cut in half, baseballs and cigars look nearly the same. Also, CT scanners are strange looking whether or not they’re whole.
7) Leonard Cohen, Drake, and Avril Lavigne are more similar than you’d expect. It’s not just that they’re musicians… it’s that they all come from the same place.
8) “Don’t have a cow, man!” has been around since before The Simpsons, but Bart stole the expression and never gave it back.
9) Even though A Series of Unfortunate Events didn’t do so well in theaters, it still ended up being one of the highest grossing movies of 2004. Wait, Shrek 2 came out nearly 11 years ago? We feel old now.
10) Octopuses are able to open child-proof bottles. They’re extremely intelligent and curious, get bored if there isn’t anything interesting happening around them, and live very short lives. We learned all this while researching for yesterday’s #theresaquizforthat tweet. If you haven’t yet, head on over to the Sporcle Twitter feed for more daily facts!