2014 has been awesome at Sporcle. If you missed out on any quizzes from one of our favorite categories, look no further! Here are 10 of the most popular History games from 2014.
Top History Quizzes
10. What’s the Nickname?: This game seems simple enough until you realize that some of these nicknames could apply to any one of the answers. You have to go a little deeper: you might know who these people are, but do you know their nicknames? Or, for those who are better known by their nicknames, do you know their real names?
9. Birth Country Match: Watch out! Sometimes people weren’t born in the countries with which you tend to associate them, and linguistic clues only help so much when there are four countries that speak English.
8. 1940s Match-Up: We’ll give you a hint: as much as you might want it to be, Frank Frank is never going to be correct. The match-up element in this quiz makes you realize just how different a familiar term can look when it’s split in half – there will undoubtedly be a few moments in this quiz where you unthinkingly select the wrong answer and then groan as the right one becomes immediately apparent as you read on through the list.
7. Was I Assassinated?: Clearly, this quiz is asking the important questions. You’ll be surprised at how many of the decoys seem really, really plausible… until you click them and immediately regret it.
6. The 22 Countries Britain Has Never Invaded: This quiz really manages to convey the size and power of Britain throughout history. 22/197 modern countries is practically nothing!
5. Missing ‘D’ Quotes: Just one quiz in a great series by Sporcle user citkeane! You’ll be cursing the letter ‘D’ by the time you’re done with this quiz… especially since “delusion” seems to fit in every single quote.
4. Three Images: Guess the Historical Figure: History quizzes with pictures are all too rare, and this is one that’ll have you saying each image out loud in attempt to interpret them. You might want to play this one alone… or at least somewhere where nobody will judge you.
3. Not American History: This quiz’s title is a little misleading. Don’t go forgetting all your American history knowledge yet – it will certainly serve you well in eliminating the other options in this multiple choice quiz.
2. British Monarchs Minefield: You’ve probably mastered the US presidents quiz by now. Perhaps this should be your next feat? Remember, all the numbered monarchs will go in backwards order, but that doesn’t guarantee that there won’t be other names in between! Be prepared to curse at least one Richard, Henry, and Edward before conquering this quiz once and for all.
1. Anyone but US Presidents: Any quiz with Shakira, Pacman, Mr Monopoly, and Jabba the Hutt as correct answers gets our vote. This quiz was quick, fun, hilarious, and the most played history quiz published in 2014. Sounds like it’s a keeper!