2014 has been awesome at Sporcle. If you missed out on any quizzes from one of our favorite categories, look no further! Here are 10 of the most popular Geography games from 2014.
Top Geography Quizzes
10. Tricky State Capital Click: Ah, decoys, how we love and detest thee. If you’re like most Geography nuts, you probably have spent some quality time memorizing this familiar list. But, how do you fare under pressure? Let’s just say, we don’t call it ‘Tricky’ for nothin’…
9. ‘A’ Countries on a Map: Map quizzes make us happy, and this one is no exception. All you need to do is answer the 11 countries that start with ‘A’ based on their location on the map. To all your friends who think that you spend too much time on Sporcle, challenge them to this and watch them fail miserably.
8. Countries & Capitals Sorting Blitz: Don’t play this with friends in the room, you will embarrass yourself. You’ll start talking out loud, clicking frantically, and probably groan at the screen more than once. But at the end, you’ll be so satisfied with yourself that it will all be worth it.
7. Avoid the ‘A’ Countries: Pesky ‘A’! After this quiz it will soon become your most-hated letter.
6. Continents by Forest Area: Now, forest area might not be something that had tickled your fancy before this quiz, but you’ll be DAMNED if you don’t figure it out!
5. 13 US States that Border Canada: O, Canada! This quiz is what Sporcle is all about. These 13 states were just waiting to be made into a quiz, and we were more than happy to oblige.
4. US States (Redux): This is a quiz that makes you go, huh, shouldn’t we have already published that? And on November 17, that all changed. This glorious game hit the homepage, and left users either laughing all the way home, or crying because something willed them to click ‘Massachoosetts’.
3. Geography Bunker V: Bunkers are to Sporcle as ice cream is to cake. You don’t get them together very often, but when you do, it’s a magical experience. In 2014, not only did we get Geography Bunker V, but we also got Geography Bunker VI. Can you say spoiled?
2. Most Populous US Cities Minefield: If you want something that’s evil, you’ve come to the right place. This quiz is for the ultimate geography buff. As MTwhiz put it, ‘This was a fun (and really frustrating) quiz for geography nerds. I still can’t figure the final 3 answers after 11 tries.’ If that’s not success, we don’t know what is.
1. Largest to Smallest: Most Populous Countries: Who doesn’t love sorting? That’s probably why the most-played 2014 geography game was ‘Largest to Smallest: Most Populous Countries’. Published on April 9th, it’s a quiz that infuriates you all the way to the end. At only 12 answers, it is a short little quiz that packs a punch. And we loved it.