Congrats! You’ve made it to Friday, the final day of the traditional work week. And just as people in your office might be in-and-out throughout the day, there’s a few big names that are arriving and departing from our lives.
Hostess closes its doors
After an extended Baker’s Union strike, Hostess made the decision Friday to shut down. There’s plans to sell its products, but everyone knows the Twinkie will never be the same. As the nation mourns this loss, prepare for a lot of Hostess tributes. Even if you didn’t really like those snack cakes, you have to admit that they were pretty iconic.
Here’s some quick links to fill you in:
- Buzzfeed lists 16 Reasons to End It All Now That Hostess Is Going Out of Business
- Washington Post opinion writer, Alexandra Petri, says goodbye to hopes that Twinkies would outlast us (Spare the Twinkies, Hostess)
- CNN Money provides the less emotional, more informative story (Hostess Brands Closing for Good)
Final Twilight film hits theaters
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2 has finally been released to theaters, ending the long-lasting saga of vampires, werewolves, and teenage love. As the final installment arrives to theaters, the series’ fans face the end of the franchise.
Check out Entertainment Weekly’s field research from the opening night (‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn–Part 2′: On-the-scene for fan reactions)
And don’t forget about Sporcle’s Twilight Quizzes:
Let’s face it, the holiday season has already arrived. But with Thanksgiving less than a week away, the real countdown to the holiday shopping season is here. We’ve just said goodbye to political ads, and now we’re saying hello to holiday shopping ads. Check out the following links as you get in the holiday spirit.
- Find out about new holiday shopping apps
- Read PC World’s Holiday Shopping Survival Guide: When to find the best deals
- Satisfy your nerdy side by learning about the National Retail Federation’s Holiday Sales Predictions