Sporcle Live is the highest paid trivia league on the friggin’ planet!
Prize Pool amounts are based on the number of venues in the designated market at the start of the season
Metro Detroit League Play 1/7/13 – 3/31/13 – $5,000 Prize Pool
Toledo League Play 1/7/13 – 3/31/13 – $1,750 Prize Pool
Northeast Ohio League Play 1/7/13 – 3/31/13 – $2,000 Prize Pool
West Michigan League Play 1/7/13 – 3/31/13 – $1,000 Prize Pool
Chicago League Play Begins on 4/8/13
Minnesota League Play Cash Game the weekend of 04/05/13
How it Works
- All league seasons are free and run every 12 weeks.
- Each team will register a score every time they play. The score is whatever that team earns between both games, not including any final questions.
- The top ten teams who earn the most cumulative points amongst any and all venues played earn a free spot in the finals.
- In Detroit — The top 150 teams who post the highest cumulative score from one single venue make the semi finals.
- In Toledo — The top 75 teams who post the highest cumulative score from one single venue make the semi finals.
- In Northeast Ohio—The top 75 teams who post the highest cumulative score from one single venue make the semi finals.
- Teams finishing in the top 10 cumulative that earn a free ride, can not participate in semi-finals to knock other teams out.
- The top team from every individual venue is guaranteed to make the semi-finals, so long as they’ve played at least six weeks at that venue.
- Teams may attempt to qualify at multiple venues to play in more than one semi-final, thus increasing their odds of making the finals. This has been very beneficial to teams in the past.
- Teams must have played at least six weeks to qualify for a semi-final.
- There is no team size limit during regular weeks. However, during semi-finals and finals, teams are limited to five players.
- Teams may only register one score per night. In the event more than one score is turned in for a team on the same night, the lower of the two scores will count towards the standings.
- In the event an issue arises, Sporcle Live reserves the right to alter the league rules at any point in the season. Any rule changes will be communicated through our weekly newsletter and changed online.
- Once a team has made finals, people from that team can only play on one team during the semi-finals and finals. Someone can not try to help 3 or 4 different teams get in after they’d qualified their original team.
- In the event a venue cancels mid-season, teams can declare a new home venue and send all points earned from that point on back to the canceled venue. There are no transferring of points to a new bar allowed.
- In the event a venue comes on board during week 4 or earlier, in an effort to crack the Top 150/Top 75, a team can back fill their missed shows with Venue of the Week points.
- League teams may not bring their own notebooks to Sporcle Live events. Scrap paper is available by request.
Sign up your team for free in the Sporcle Live league