Can you name the top city-starting letters by total population for each state?
- Answers do not have to be guessed in order
- Due to technical restrictions, guesses must be entered as 3 letters: the postal abbreviation and the letter being guessed. For example, to guess Z for Alabama, type "AL Z".
- Source: United States Census Bureau 2009 population estimates, incorporated places (*includes two CDPs)
- Example: For the United States as a whole, the top city-starting letter is S, with a total population of 21,042,912. This is the total population of all 1,789 cities starting with S: San Antonio, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, and so on, all the way down to Sarles, North Dakota (population 19) and S.N.P.J., Pennsylvania (population 0). The next most populous letter is C, total population 18,023,789: Chicago, Columbus, Charlotte, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, …, Cottonwood (South Dakota; population 6).
- This quiz has not been verified by Sporcle