Just For Fun
Games to Consider
Create a Quiz
Locations & Scores
Become a Host
Vancouver Canucks Trivia 1970-1994
Vancouver Canucks trivia from between 1970 and 1994
Quiz not verified by Sporcle
US States (Redux)
Seven Dwarfs Logic Puzzle
Find the US States - No Outlines Minefield
Sporcle Speed-Picking IV
Criteria NFL Teams
Rate 5 stars
Rate 4 stars
Rate 3 stars
Rate 2 stars
Rate 1 star
How to Play
Click the green button to start and enter the correct answers below
1. What year did the Canucks begin in the NHL?
2. Why are they called the Canucks?
3. Eastern Conference team who entered the NHL in the same year?
4. Scorer of Canucks first NHL goal against the LA Kings on October 9 1970?
5. Canucks first ever NHL captain
6. Which year did the Canucks get and score their first penalty shot in the NHL?
Shot was taken against Buffalo
7. Canucks player who tragically passed away in 1974 after a year and a half battle with brain cancer?
8. First Canuck to reach 100 franchise goals?
Reached the milestone in 1974, also scored that first penalty shot
9. Which season did they first make the playoffs?
10. Who were their opponents?
Lost 4 games to 1, this team now plays in the East
11. Which year did the Canucks adopt the Flying V jerseys?
12. Which famous enforcer did the Canucks acquire in 1980?
324 PIMS in 312 games and 181 playoff PIMS
13. And what did he become known for doing after scoring a goal?
14. Which year did the Canucks finally win a playoff series?
15. Who did they defeat?
16. Which playoff tradition begun during the 1982 playoffs?
17. Who started it?
Put towel on a stick as a gesture of mock surrender due to bad refereeing
18. Canucks backup who played in the 1983 NHL All Star Game
Richard Brodeur was injured, this goalie is now a broadcaster for Canucks games on Sportsnet Pacific
19. Winger who scored between 39 and 45 goals in 5 consecutive seasons during the mid-late 1980's?
20. Which year did the Canucks adopt the flying skate?
21. First Canuck to reach 200 goals?
Achieved this in 1985
22. Which future coach would become the Canucks GM in 1987-88??
23. And who would he draft as 2nd overall pick in the 1988 Entry Draft?
24. Which year did the Canucks change their home jersey colour from yellow to white?
25. First Canuck to have his jersey number retired
Played between 1979 and 1991 and captained the team from 1982 to 1990 while wearing #12
26. Which fellow Canadian team did the Canucks defeat in the 1992 and 1993 playoffs?
27. First Canuck to record a 50 and 60 goal season
Achieved both of these milestones in 1992-93
28. Name the 1990's enforcer who holds the Canucks PIMS record
2,127 PIMS in 444 games and 95 playoff PIMS
29. Who did the Canucks defeat in their biggest ever win on 1 March 1992?
30. Which scoreline did the Canucks come back from to beat Calgary in the 1994 playoffs?
31. What was unique in the manner that they achieved the comeback?
32. Name any one of the three players who scored a winner in those games.
33. Who made 'The Save' to keep the Canucks alive in G7 OT?
34. Who scored the OT winner in G5 against the Leafs to take the Canucks to the Finals
Also scored the OT goal which put the Canucks 1-0 up in the Finals against the Rangers
35. Which Canuck valiantly fought through injury to score 2 goals in the finals Game 7, despite an eventual 3-2 defeat?
You're not logged in!
Compare scores with friends on all Sporcle quizzes.
Connect with Facebook
Connect with Google
Sign Up with Email
You Might Also Like...
Big 4 Teams
(warning: may contain spoilers)
Top Games Today in Sports
Criteria NFL Teams
Criteria NFL Quarterbacks
MLB World Series Minefield (2000s)
Big 4 Most Consecutive Winning Seasons
Top Games with Similar Tags
Big 4 Teams
2014 World Cup Stars
Top User Games in Sports
MLB Chain Game (48 Qs)
Criteria NBA Teams (Eastern Conference)
NFL, NHL, NBA or MLB?
MLB: 50-HR Logic Puzzle
mentally stimulating diversions
Quizzes for your site
Copyright © 2007-2015 Sporcle, Inc. Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →