Just For Fun
Just For Fun
iPhone & iPad
Can you name the authors of NPR's top 100 novels for teens?
Enter an author (last names acceptable) in the box below
Correctly named authors will show up below
Answers do not have to be guessed in order
Based on a survey of over 75,000 voters.
100 Best Novels by ANY Word
Popular trivia games today
Color Sequence Memory Game
Tea Producing Countries
True or False Logic Quiz
Word Ladder: Island Countries
3x3 Word Blitz
'A' Baby Names (2009)
Country Trivia Logic Puzzle
Missing Word: World Movies
/100 authors correct
Show Missed Answers
Rank & Novel
1. Harry Potter (series)
2. The Hunger Games (series)
3. To Kill a Mockingbird
4. The Fault in Our Stars
5. The Hobbit
6. The Catcher in the Rye
7. The Lord of the Rings (series)
8. Fahrenheit 451
9. Looking for Alaska
10. The Book Thief
11. The Giver (series)
12. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (series)
13. The Outsiders
14. Anne of Green Gables (series)
15. His Dark Materials (The Golden Compass) (series)
16. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
17. The Princess Bride
18. Lord of the Flies
19. Divergent (series)
20. Paper Towns
21. The Mortal Instruments (City of Bones) (series)
22. An Abundance of Katherines
23. Flowers for Algernon
24. Thirteen Reasons Why
25. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
27. Twilight (series)
28. Uglies (series)
29. The Infernal Devices (Clockwork Angel) (series)
30. Tuck Everlasting
31. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
32. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (series)
33. The Call of the Wild
34. Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Rank & Novel
35. Go Ask Alice
36. Howl's Moving Castle
38. A Separate Peace
39. Vampire Academy (series)
40. Abhorsen Trilogy / Old Kingdom Trilogy (series)
42. Discworld / Tiffany Aching (series)
43. My Sister's Keeper
44. The Dark is Rising (series)
45. Graceling (series)
47. Earthsea (A Wizard of Earthsea) (series)
48. Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) (series)
49. The Princess Diaries (series)
50. The Song of the Lioness (Alanna: The First Adventure)(series)
51. Treasure Island
52. Delirium (series)
53. Anna and the French Kiss
54. Hush, Hush (saga)
55. 13 Little Blue Envelopes
56. It's Kind of a Funny Story
57. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy (A Great and Terrible Beauty) (series)
58. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
59. The House on Mango Street
60. Something Wicked This Way Comes
61. The Chocolate War
62. Just Listen
63. A Ring of Endless Light
64. The Truth About Forever
65. The Bartimaeus Trilogy (The Amulet of Samarkand) (series)
66. Bloodlines (series)
67. Fallen (series)
68. House of Night (Marked) (series)
Rank & Novel
69. I Capture the Castle
70. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
71. Before I Fall
73. The Last Unicorn
74. The Maze Runner Trilogy (series)
75. If I Stay
76. The Blue Sword
77. Crank (series)
78. Matched (series)
79. Gallagher Girls (I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You)(series)
80. The Goose Girl
81. Daughter of the Lioness / Tricksters (series)
82. I Am the Messenger
83. The Immortals (series)
84. The Enchanted Forest Chronicles (Dealing with Dragons) (series)
85. Chaos Walking (The Knife of Never Letting Go) (series)
86. Circle of Magic (Sandry's Book) (series)
87. Daughter of Smoke & Bone
89. Weetzie Bat (Dangerous Angels) (series)
90. Along for the Ride
91. Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging) (series)
92. Leviathan (series)
93. The House of the Scorpion
94. The Chronicles of Chrestomanci (series)
95. This Lullaby
96. Gone (series)
97. The Shiver Trilogy (series)
98. The Hero and the Crown
100. Betsy-Tacy Books (series)
HIDE THIS WARNING
You might also like these games:
BBC Top 100 Books
Time's 10 Best Graphic Novels
for this game.
(Warning: comments may contain spoilers)
NPR's Top 100 Novels for Teens Quiz
Created Aug 22, 2012 in
Featured Dec 15, 2012
Game Plays 4,191
Report a Mistake
Friend Scores and Standings
Loading friend results....
Top Games Today in Literature
Harry Potter Sibling Match
Harry Potter Bunker
Harry Potter Top 200
Harry Potter Name Chain
Top Games with Similar Tags
49 Writers Who Died Before 50
BBC Top 100 Books
Authors Who Give Up Their Day ...
Top User Games in Literature
A Harry Potter Logic Puzzle
Pick the Dead: Harry Potter
Hogwarts House Match
Harry Potter Who Wants to Be a...
Aug 23rd, 2012 at 15:06 GMT
Aug 23rd, 2012 at 15:49 GMT
Look where it ended up. I would have guessed that it would be #2. Teens have more taste than you suspect.
Aug 27th, 2012 at 07:40 GMT
there's some awesome books included here, Princess Bride, His Dark Materials, LOTR, Fallen, Shiver, Twilight (yes I enjoyed reading the Twilight Saga - sue me). I would have expected to see The Chronicles of Narnia here and the completely brilliant Morganville Vampires series.
Nov 12th, 2012 at 23:21 GMT
Scott Westerfield is on here for both Leviathan and The House of the Scorpion (92 and 93). Nancy Farmer is the author of the second one.
Nov 13th, 2012 at 00:10 GMT
@mfouracre: Wow! It seems the NPR list is wrong.
Dear God! This can only mean Romney was right! I should have voted for him! NOOOOOoooooo!
Nov 13th, 2012 at 00:24 GMT
When John Green's name appeared five times in the first column (TFiOS at #4!!!) I couldn't for the life of me finish this quiz. I, like, jump-up-and-down-in-my-chair-can't-control-myself loved it. But I guess nerds like me are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff...
Nov 13th, 2012 at 00:40 GMT
Having calmed down enough to finish the quiz, I found one little mistake: The Hush, Hush Saga is by Becca Fitzpatrick. For a moment I really feared I'd missed out on a Stephanie Perkins novel (Anna and the French Kiss is brilliant!).
Nov 13th, 2012 at 11:04 GMT
@BekBek: John Green fans pushed their guy way up the chart. Good for them.
Thanks for the fix on Hush Hush. NPR had a detailed listing with covers and notes, which listed the authors correctly, but I used the printable summary, which had at least 2 errors.
Nov 13th, 2012 at 20:08 GMT
ally condie is spelt with a y not an ie.
Nov 16th, 2012 at 19:21 GMT
I absolutely loved "The House of the Scorpion," I haven't thought about that book in years. Though I'm a bit disappointed to not see The Chronicles of Narnia.
Nov 20th, 2012 at 21:42 GMT
Maybe consider accepting S. Morgenstern as an alternate for The Princess Bride? I knew it wasn't really an "abridgement" but I blanked on the name of the actual author, and technically Morgenstern could be considered a pen-name, right?
Nov 21st, 2012 at 23:00 GMT
@dracomalfoy: This is a name I never thought I send a thank you note to. I was wrong. "Ally" fixed.
Comment below threshold:
Nov 25th, 2012 at 05:00 GMT
Pullman and not CS Lewis? Guess the commies at NPR are tasteless as well as godless...
Game published: Dec 15th, 2012 at 16:00 GMT
Dec 15th, 2012 at 19:15 GMT
It makes me sad that, with a few notable exceptions, NPR doesn't seem to think that teens can handle the classics. I appreciate the Salinger, Lee, and Bradbury, but seriously, where's the Fitzgerald, Dickens, and Hemingway? Maybe I was just spoiled by awesome English teachers in high school.
Dec 15th, 2012 at 21:32 GMT
@TheZizz: The selections and order were determined by teens voting, not NPR staff.
Dec 15th, 2012 at 22:24 GMT
FYI, typo in "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist."
Dec 16th, 2012 at 01:40 GMT
@senordingdong: So they didn't have an Infinite Playsit? Thx, fixed.
Dec 16th, 2012 at 20:03 GMT
Nearly panicked and fell off my bed when I saw Chaos Walking on this list. More people need to read Patrick Ness.
Dec 19th, 2012 at 09:30 GMT
@TheZizz: Explains why Twilight's on the list. Figures--I LOVED the Uglies series when I was a teen, and I was actually just thinking about those books. Do I remember the author's name? Scott...something. Scott...Normal.
Jan 10th, 2013 at 10:16 GMT
really hard to name some, i read loads of series and had no idea like lauren kate, richelle mead etc glad to see some classics though - farenheit 451 :)
Jan 13th, 2013 at 08:16 GMT
I was horrified when I saw Twilight, although it makes more sense since they were voted for by teens. I was delighted to see Graceling and Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. I really have to read The Knife Of Never Letting Go.
Mar 24th, 2013 at 05:26 GMT
No bonus for "Hobbes" for Leviathan? C'mon...
May 6th, 2013 at 16:40 GMT
I wish The Chosen by Chaim Potok was on here. Amazing book. I was glad to A Separate Peace, I was afraid that one was heading toward oblivion.
Jun 13th, 2013 at 20:06 GMT
I'm glad to see Feed on this list.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
2007-13 © Sporcle, Inc.
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →