Can you name the 2,500 Largest US Cities/Towns/Etc, Trying To Achieve Various Categories?
- Enter a code in the box below
- Correctly named codes will show up below
- Answers do not have to be guessed in order
- ALERT!: Entering some wrong answers will end the quiz
- Source: US 2010 Census + USGS Geonames Place Infomation
- Also try: 1000 Largest US Cities ★ Google Maps ★
- Use the Flash quiz to name as many of the 2,500 largest US cities you can, trying to get codes for various categories. When done, begin the Sporcle quiz and enter any red codes received. SEE NOTES.
- NOTES: Type LOWER CASE and DO NOT use punctuation. ZOOMING TIP: Hold the SHIFT key while zooming with the mouse wheel to prevent the page from scrolling. All cities, towns, villages included - I *DID NOT* include townships EXCEPT NJ Townships (as in that state they are equivalent to cities/towns) and Michigan charter townships in this quiz, NOR towns in New York due to their differing status from towns in other states. CDP's only included for Hawaii. The bottom left grid shows the top cities gotten by state, up to 50. If a number N appears here you have the first N largest cities in that state. For example, if you have the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th largest cities, you will not see anything, but if you get the largest a "4" will appear showing you have the 4 largest in that state. Codes are given for the largest as well as top 3, 5, 10, 25 and 50 largest cities in a certain # of states. Codes also given for cities of a certain size (coded by color), states completed, cities in certain pop ranges, total % of population of all cities, largest cities, regions, cities in CA, NJ, IL, TX, MA and FL, and total cities completed. As for the little youtube player and Play/Pause controls...hmmm...maybe something's up with that...
- This quiz has not been verified by Sporcle
Popular trivia games today