Just For Fun
Games to Consider
iPhone & iPad
Locations & Scores
High School Science Odyssey
Can you name the answers to these various high school science questions??
Quiz not verified by Sporcle
Book Title Pictograms
Spanish Number Blitz
European Capital Match
Curious Consonant Combos
TV Show (A-Z) by Cast Photo
Rate 5 stars
Rate 4 stars
Rate 3 stars
Rate 2 stars
Rate 1 star
How to Play
Click the green button to start and enter the correct answers below
If you would like a little help, type Hint X to receive another fact or hint on how the problem can be solved. So, if you were having trouble on problem 1, type "Hint 1". Calculator recommended.
Class and Topic
I am a cellular organelle, present in non-plant eukaryotic cells, tasked with producing much of the ATP for the cell. Who am I?
Anatomy of a Cell
Malaria ran rampant through Africa, killing many people over the ages. What harmful genetic defect helped contribute resistance to malaria?
Cystic fibrosis is an autosomal-recessive disease. Suppose both your grandfathers had the disease, and your grandmothers had no history of it. What is the chance that you have CF?
I am a well-known gas which is lighter than air, and very dangerous due to my ability to imitate oxygen in your lungs and silently put you to sleep. What's my full name?
85g of silver nitrate is mixed into 2 L of 0.4M hydrochloric acid. How much solid silver chloride will be precipitated, to the nearest 0.1g?
I have a container with a gas at a pressure of 1.00 atm and a temp. of 0 deg. C. If I raise the temp. to 25 deg. C, what will the pressure be to the nearest 0.01 atm?
Our high school quarterback just lobbed a deep, high pass at 25 m/s at a steep 60 deg. angle. How far down the field (to the nearest 0.1m) will the receiver catch the ball?
A 100 kg box sitting on a 30 deg. frictionless slope begins to slide down the ramp. John can push with a force of 300N. How hard (in N) must Jane push to stop the box from sliding?
A 9 volt battery is connected to a circuit with two lamps in series, with resistances 5 ohms and 10 ohms respectively. What is the current flowing through the circuit?
I am a famous biologist and chemist, known for developing a method to kill bacteria in some food and drink as well as creating the first rabies vaccine.
1) I may even be a type of symbiosis, as I have my own genome with my own DNA!
2) Malaria's life cycle involves the destruction of erthyrocytes, also known as red blood cells.
3) Autosomal Recessive signifies that both parents must contribute a defective gene in order for the disease to appear.
4) I am made up of two different atoms triple bonded, almost like the double bond in O
+ HCl --> AgCl (s) + HNO
Molar masses of elements: Ag = 107.87, N = 14.007, O = 15.999, Cl = 35.45, H = 1.0079
6) Pressure and temperature are proportionally related. Also, don't forget that 0 deg. C is equal to 273.15K
7) Treat the vertical vector before the horizontal vector, but remember that the ball is in the air for the same time for both. Also, g = 9.8m/s.
8) Though the box weighs 100 * 9.8 = 980N on a flat surface, only a portion of that force is directed down the ramp and depends on the steepness of the ramp.
9) The most well known electromagnetic equation is Ohm's law, which states that V = I * R.
10) My method of heating milk or wine for a period of time to kill bacteria is named after me and still used to this day!
You haven't played this game yet.
You Might Also Like...
Planets from the Sun
Digits of Pi
(warning: may contain spoilers)
Top Games Today in Science
Human Body Systems (Redux)
3 Letter Body Parts
Planets by Size
Top Games with Similar Tags
Minute Math (Addition)
Digits of Pi
Planets from the Sun
Top User Games in Science
Sporcle Puzzle Hunt: Science
Click Through the Respiratory System
Medical Terminology Roots
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
2007-15 © Sporcle, Inc.
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →