This is Cameron's first nomination and he's in extremely good company. Tonight he joins fellow best actor nominee Paul Newman for 'Coot'. Clint Eastwood for 'Codger'. Michael Douglas for 'Primary Urges'.
- What was Barbra Streisand's eighth album? - Color Me Barbra. - Stud! - Everybody knows that!
Is everybody gay?
I've seen all your movies.
[listening to a tape called How to Be a Man] - Now, repeat after me: 'Yo!' - Yo! - Hot damn! - Hot damn! - What a fabulous window treatment! - What a fabu...
This is my Peter - uh, my *friend* Peter.
- Are you really gay? - Mm hm. - Was there, oh, ANY OTHER TIME YOU MIGHT HAVE TOLD ME THIS?
Think about John Wayne. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Maybe I should thank someone else. Someone who's really been there, someone who taught me a lot, about poetry and Shakespeare, and just, y'know, stayin' awake, man. Someone who's just an overall great guy, a great teacher... to Howard Brackett from Greenleaf, Indiana!
So, uh, where were we? Romantic poetry.
Look, everyone wants to talk to Diane Sawyer or Joan London, and my network's killing me. They want me blond!
[to a female teenager] You can't be gay!
- There's only two times when that kind of thing's okay: In prison where it's a substitute, and guys in space. - Guys in space?
- One day I just clicked. I said: 'Mom, Dad, Sparky, I'm gay.' - So what happened?
I just came out!
I don't have time. I promised to do that photo shoot this afternoon.
- I love you, Billy. - Wait! Do you love me as a friend or in another way? - Another way, Billy! - You mean, as a brother? - No, another way. - You mean, as a cousin? - No! Another way.
- Howard, we want you to know: you're our son, and we'll always love you, gay, straight, red, green, if you rob a bank, if you kill someone. - If you get drunk, climb a clock tower, and take out the town.
- I'm a member of the community and I don't mind that Howard's gay. - But you're Howard's brother.