report this ad
Just For Fun
Games to Consider
Create a Quiz
Add a New Topic
Locations & Scores
Become a Host
/ Word Ladder: Famous Poets II
Can you name the words in the themed word ladder (theme: famous poets)?
Quiz not verified by Sporcle
50 Flicks to Click (1981)
US States (Redux)
Find the US States - No Outlines Minefield
Southern Hemisphere Vowel Countries
'R' Cartoon Characters by Picture
Rate 5 stars
Rate 4 stars
Rate 3 stars
Rate 2 stars
Rate 1 star
ADD to PLAYLIST
How to Play
*Each clue with an asterisk has as its answer the surname of the poet who wrote the listed poems.*
Word Ladder: Famous Poets
1. “A Ballad Of The Mulberry Road,” “Albatre” *
2. Put in a coil, or an injury to living tissue
3. Simple past tense and past participle of 'will'
4. All of the people, societies, and institutions on earth
5. Group seminar series encouraging females to organize and lead research in the science field
6. Zynga game: _____ with Friends
7. Ten were a-leaping in the popular Christmas tune
8. “A Woman Speaks,” “From the House of Yemanjá” *
9. A large group, mass, or crowd
10. _____ Creek Lake in Coleman, TX, houses a campground and army district
11. Grasps or carries with one's arms or hands
12. Forms an object of particular shape out of easily manipulated material
13. Small burrowing insectivorous mammals
14. One hit wonder: 'I'm Gonna Be (500 _____)' by the Proclaimers
15. Lures or entices
16. Natural states or uninhabited regions
17. “Sonnet On Approaching Italy,” “My Voice” *
18. Painter Alfons known as the first to use skiing as a subject
19. Animated Pixar robot in love with EVE
20. Entrepreneur Amos who founded the 'Famous Amos' cookie brand
21. Pro tennis player Elena Baltacha's nickname, or a national health club / fitness center
22. Taunting term for a hairless man
23. Team winter sport played on ice in which skaters use sticks to direct a ball into the opposing team's goal
24. Convenient to use
25. “The Ruined Maid,” “The Darkling Thrush” *
report this ad
You're not logged in!
Compare scores with friends on all Sporcle quizzes.
Connect with Facebook
Connect with Google
Sign Up with Email
You Might Also Like...
Real Words in Jabberwocky
In Plain English: A Midsummer Night's Dream
(warning: may contain spoilers)
Top Games Today in Language
Parts of Speech
Rhymes with 'Need'
11 Ways Not to Go with the 'Flow'
Expressions Containing Names
Top Games with Similar Tags
Five Language Continent Match
In Plain English: Much Ado About Nothing
In Plain English: Romeo and Juliet
Top User Games in Language
Forms of Gustar
4-Letter 'C' Words with Double Letters
Quick Pick: 6-Letter W Words
Your Account Isn't Verified!
In order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration. Go to your
to finish the process.
report this ad
mentally stimulating diversions
Quizzes for your site
Report a Problem
Copyright © 2007-2016 Sporcle, Inc.
Established January 30th, 2007
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →