Can you name the Cover The Most Cities & Population Within 500Km Circles Without Duplicating 50M+ Population?
- Enter a code in the box below
- Correctly named codes will show up below
- Answers do not have to be guessed in order
- ALERT!: Entering some wrong answers will end the quiz
- Source: Citypopulation, Geonames for Coordinates
- Name world 100K+ cities which will cover all 100K+ cities within 500km. Try to cover the most total cities and population before you overlap 50M+ population. ***PLEASE READ ALL NOTES***
- Also try: World City Coverage ★ Google Maps ★
- A Sporcle code will also appear after the game which you can enter in the Sporcle quiz. When you name a city, cities within 500km will also fill in and the population counter will increase. If you OVERLAP cities (same city within two circles), that city's population will be SUBTRACTED from the total in yellow, and the "Neg:" population counter will increase by this amount as well. Overlapping a city multiple times will cause its population to be added to the negative counter repeatedly. The TOP yellow counter shows the NET TOTAL POP CHANGE for your previous answer. When the negative total hits 50M, the game will end - you WILL get credit for the net change in population total on the last answer be it positive or negative. **NAMING NOTES - READ THESE!!!** There are some cities with the same name in different countries - to fill these in enter the city name followed by the FIRST TWO letters of the country name (i.e. "sp" for Spain) - **USE "un" for the United States and "uk" for the UK**. For example, to enter San Jose, CA not San Jose, Costa Rica, enter "sanjoseun". For Valencia, Spain, type "valenciasp". **ALSO** there are a handful of cities which are the first few letters of another city name..i.e. "Lima" begins "Limassol" - to enter "Lima" type "lima." with the period. This prevents Lima from being chosen when trying Limassol. FINALLY - some US cities have the same name in different states, to chose these type the city name with "un" then the state abbreviation - i.e. "springfieldunma" for Springfield, MA. ***THEREFORE*** if a city DOES NOT FILL IN when you type it initially, either you will have to add a ".", the first two letters of the country name, or in a couple instances for US cities, "un" plus the state abbreviation. SPECIAL CASE: for France, 'stdenis' exists twice...'stdenis1' is the one near Paris, 'stdenis2' is the one on Reunion. IF SCORES DO NOT APPEAR after quiz is loaded retry after a few seconds. Also small chance site with score files could be down. Scores not appearing may affect being able to save your score.
- This quiz has not been verified by Sporcle
Popular trivia games today