Just For Fun
Games to Consider
iPhone & iPad
The Pentose Phosphate Pathway
Can you name the The Pentose Phosphate Pathway?
Quiz not verified by Sporcle
10 to 1 Movie Shooting Gallery
Are You Smarter Than a College Student? XIX
Sports Logos III
Click the Country: 'B' Cities
Most Common Surnames For Each Letter
Rate 5 stars
Rate 4 stars
Rate 3 stars
Rate 2 stars
Rate 1 star
How to Play
Click the green button to start and enter the correct answers below
1) What, mainly, does the PPPathway serve to produce?
2) What else does it produce, beginning with G?
3) What else does it produce, beginning with F?
4) What is the first phase of the PPPathway?
5) What is the second phase of the PPPathway?
What's no longer being made at this point?
6) Of products #1 #2 #3, which one(s) are made in the first phase?
7) Of products #1 #2 #3, which one(s) are made in the second phase?
8) What is the starting material of the PPPathway?
9) How many moles of NADPH are produced per mole of this?
10) What is the (carbon containing) product of the oxidative phase?
11) Is this the correct overall equation of the ox. phase? (See hint)
3G6P + 3NADP+ + 3H20 => 3Ru5P + 3NADPH+ 6H+
12) Is this one correct?
3G6P + 6NADP+ + 3H20 => 3Ru5P + 3 CO2 + 6NADPH+ 6H+
13) In the overall PPPathway, how many Fru-6-P are made per 3 Glu-6-P?
14) How many glyceraldehyde-3-phosphates are made per 3 G6P?
15) Complete the gap in overall eq of PPP : 3G6P + 6NADP+ + 3H20 => 6NADPH + 6H+ + 3_____ + 2 F6P + Glyceraldehyde3P
Think of the carbon skeletons...
16) What can Ribulose-5-Phosphate be used to synthesise?
17) What enzyme first oxidises G6P in the first phase
18) What activates this enzyme?
19) In the non oxidative phase: 3 Ribulose5P => 3x_______ => 2x 6 carbon sugar + 1x 3 carbon sugar.
You haven't played this game yet.
You Might Also Like...
Planets from the Sun
(warning: may contain spoilers)
Created Jan 19, 2012
Top Games Today in Science
Amino Acids by Picture
Extinct Animals by Picture
3 Letter Body Parts
Top Games with Similar Tags
Minute Math (Addition)
Planets from the Sun
Top User Games in Science
Chemical Elements and Symbols (MORE Elements)
Multiple Choice Science Slideshow
HCHS Famous Scientists
HIDE THIS WARNING
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
2007-14 © Sporcle, Inc.
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →