report this ad
Just For Fun
Games to Consider
Create a Quiz
Add a New Topic
Locations & Scores
Become a Host
/ Amino Acid Metabolism
Can you name the Amino Acid Metabolism?
Quiz not verified by Sporcle
5x5 in 90: Mixed Music Minefield Blitz
Top 10 Richest Countries in North America
Find the US States - No Outlines Minefield
Comedies of the Last 25 Years
Complete the Groups of Three
Rate 5 stars
Rate 4 stars
Rate 3 stars
Rate 2 stars
Rate 1 star
ADD to PLAYLIST
1) Can excess amino acids be stored in the body?
2) Amino acids are degraded into intermediates from what metabolic pathway?
3) What part of the amino acid enters this pathway?
4) Amino acids can be described by the type of intermediate they make. Name the type beginning with G.
5) ...and the other type, beginning with K.
6) Amino acids that make acetyl CoA or acetoacetate are... (see #4&5)
7) Amino acids that make pyruvate, oxaloacetate, aKG, succinyl CoA or fumarate are...
8) The amino group is removed from the amino acid by a __________ reaction.
9) the reaction in #8 is catalysed by...
10) What is the predominant amino acid acceptor?
11) What amino acid is produed from transamination of #10?
12) What amino acid is produced from transamination of oxaloacetate?
13) Do the above reactions result in net deamination?
14) Oxidative deamination of glutamate produces NH4+, what electron acceptor is used: NAD+, NADP+ or either of the two?
15) During transamination, what does alanine turn into?
16) This means it is a starting material for gluconeogenesis and can be described as...
17) Transamination reactions use what as an amine group carrier?
18) What functional group of #17 reacts with the amino group?
19) What kind of intermediate forms?
20) What compound is lost as the intermediate is formed and is used to separate the alpha keto acid?
21) The Urea Cycle. What is formed in the first reaction?
22) Name the reactant, other than ATP and NH4+, that makes this.
23) How many ATPs are used to make this?
24) How many inorganic phosphates are released in the reaction?
25) What enzyme catalyses this reaction?
26) What does carbamoyl phosphate react with on entering the urea cycle?
27) ...to create what?
28) What amino acid enters the cycle?
29) At the same time, ATP is hydrolysed to what?
30) What TCA intermediate is formed in the cycle?
31) What last product is formed (think about it...) ?
32) Nitrogen is carried in the blood, for synthesis, by which amino acid?
33) Formed by the enzyme...
34) Using to drive the reaction...
35) Name an amino acid synthesised by transamination from it's alpha ketoacid (only 3!)
report this ad
You're not logged in!
Compare scores with friends on all Sporcle quizzes.
Connect with Facebook
Connect with Google
Sign Up with Email
You Might Also Like...
Amino Acid 3 Letter Codes
Amino Acid 1-Letter Codes with Traps
(warning: may contain spoilers)
Top Games Today in Science
4-Letter Animals per Letter
The Human Bunker
3 Letter Body Parts
Top Games with Similar Tags
Amino Acids by Picture
Chemical Nomenclature - Common Acids
Amino Acid Abbreviations (3-letter)
Top User Games in Science
5x5 in 90: Mixed Science Minefield Blitz
Factor Attractor: Math Logic Puzzle
ϛoＲͲ1nℊ Blitz: 40 Shades of Colour
Arranging the Elements
Your Account Isn't Verified!
In order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration. Go to your
to finish the process.
report this ad
mentally stimulating diversions
Quizzes for your site
Report a Problem
Copyright © 2007-2016 Sporcle, Inc.
Established January 30th, 2007
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →