Can you name the US metro areas with same-named principal cities?
- Answers do not have to be guessed in order
- Source: Census Bureau 2010 (via City Population)
- Metro area = Metropolitan Statistical Area (one or more adjacent counties or county equivalents that have at least one urban core area of at least 50,000 population, plus tied adjacent territory)
- Example: Augusta (Maine & Georgia). The principle city is always the most populous city in the metro area. Two bonus answers for cities that in one case are not largest, but are somewhat independent.
- This quiz has not been verified by Sporcle
US Metros - Same Name Quiz
- Created Apr 25, 2011 in Geography
- Game Plays 130
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →