mentally stimulating diversions
Just For Fun
Can you name the airlines by their aircraft liveries?
Enter an airline name in the box below
Correctly named airline names will show up below
Answers do not have to be guessed in order
The Boeing Company
This quiz has not been verified by Sporcle
Popular trivia games today
Click the Flick
On a Map: Africa
Geography Bunker IV
Wrong Answer Roulette: '90s Movies
Word Ladder: Our Lesser Angles
Almost an NFL Team
Poorest US States
Enter airline name:
/19 airline names correct
Show Missed Answers
(2) A good guess, but ATA (American Trans Air) is a different airline -- one that ceased operations in 2008. Here's a hint: this airline shares ATA's initials.
(3) If you recognized the plum blossom as a symbol of China, I tip my hat to you. This is a Chinese airline (associated with the Republic of China, not the People's Republic of Chi
(9) Did the maple leaf tip you off? You're on the right track -- this airline is based in Canada, but its name doesn't begin with 'Canada' or 'Canadian.' Guess again.
(10) Their logos are similar, and both have roots in Dublin, but this airline has nothing to do with the popular Irish stout. Try harder.
(11) Which stands for...
(12) That does kind of look like the Pepsi logo, but it's not. Here's a hint: that symbol is a stylized version of the flag of this airline's home country.
(14) Did you recognize the Aztec eagle warrior? This is a Mexican airline, but its name doesn't begin with 'Mexico' or 'Mexican.' Try again.
(15) 'United' is, technically, a correct response since United's aircraft will soon feature the livery of the airline with which it recently merged. But what airline is that?
(16) Maybe you noticed the Tricolor theme. This is a French airline, but its name doesn't begin with 'France' or 'French.' Take another stab at it.
(17) Which stands for...
(18) The Star of David is a sure sign that this is an Israeli airline, but its name doesn't begin with 'Israel' or 'Israeli.' Take another guess.
HIDE THIS WARNING
You might also like these games:
Theme from Symbols
Meryl Streep Movies by Image
South Park Celebrities II
for this game.
(Warning: comments may contain spoilers)
Airline By Aircraft Paint Scheme (Image Quiz)
Created May 28, 2011 in
Game Plays 4,054
Image Quiz Quizzes
Friend Scores and Standings
Loading friend results....
Top Games Today in Miscellaneous
Things That Are Yellow
Wrong Answer Roulette
Clickable Matching Pairs
Top Games with Similar Tags
Things That Are Orange
South Park Celebrities II
Images that Rhyme with 'TAKE'
Top User Games in Miscellaneous
Top 150 Girls' Names Ending wi...
A Clickable Word Maze
Who lets THESE dogs out? (Clic...
May 28th, 2011 at 22:08 GMT
Special thanks to Hejman, whose recent front-page image quiz, "Credit Where Credit Is Due," gave me the idea to present the images for this quiz in an embedded slide show, thus making them large enough to see in the kind of detail this quiz requires. I realize the images advance quickly (too quickly, probably), but you can use the provided buttons to move forward and backward through the images (which are labeled by number) and to stop on any image you want to study more closely.
May 28th, 2011 at 23:41 GMT
all the domestic/regional north american ones made it difficult as you don't see them around the world. Enjoyed the quiz and the format.
May 29th, 2011 at 00:59 GMT
Nicely done, COWScot! I like the Photobucket slideshow- definitely going to have to check that out.
May 29th, 2011 at 01:42 GMT
Nicely done, but with the United-Continental merger, United Airlines has been repainting their planes in the Continental-styled livery but with the "UNITED" titles. Unfortunately, the United "tulip" logo is being phased out. By virtue of this merger, United/Continental will have discarded 2 Saul Bass-designed logos.
Jun 2nd, 2011 at 20:04 GMT
It's a minor annoyance that you have to double-click to scroll, but I'm not sure you can fix that. I would've gotten two more if I could spell No. 5 and No. 6. Also, is there a way to make the arrows show up at all times? I patiently waited for the slideshow to scroll on its own nearly twice through before I moused over and discovered the arrows. I didn't know they were there until I wasted most of the time.
Jun 2nd, 2011 at 20:41 GMT
Thanks for the feedback, ClintT13. The reason you have to double-click to advance is because each image appears twice (in succession) in the slide show. This is to extend the amount of time each image is displayed so that the slide show doesn't move too quickly. I know it's annoying, but, hopefully, it's less annoying than having only two seconds to type in an answer before the next image appears. I don't have the trouble with the buttons that you're describing...could it be a browser issue? And I'll add some alternate spellings for #5 and #6. Thanks again!
Jun 2nd, 2011 at 22:03 GMT
'British airways' is pretty much universally known as 'BA', here at least.
Jun 8th, 2011 at 00:16 GMT
Good quiz. how come ryanair isn't more well known? I think you should only accept "china airlines" as it's the airline of taiwan and not air china. anyone can type china as a wild guess
Sep 7th, 2011 at 00:43 GMT
I like it!
Oct 18th, 2011 at 16:36 GMT
I said Air China...argh. That was the only one I didn't get. What kind of flower is that?
Jan 2nd, 2012 at 04:07 GMT
Japan Airlines has also changed their livery
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
2007-13 © Sporcle, Inc.
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →