Just For Fun
Games to Consider
iPhone & iPad
Chess Opening Traps
Can you name the winning move in these chess opening traps?
Quiz not verified by Sporcle
Five Geographical Features
Halloween Movies from A-Z
Constant Consonants: 'R' Matey!
Nine Number Logic Puzzle
NFL Chain Game
Rate 5 stars
Rate 4 stars
Rate 3 stars
Rate 2 stars
Rate 1 star
How to Play
Click the green button to start and enter the correct answers below
1. f3 e5 2. g4 (B)
A ridiculously easy one to start off, the Fool's Mate.
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. Nxe5 Nxe4 4. Qe2 Nf6 (W)
A trap in the Petrov Defense ensnaring players who copy their opponents' moves for too long. Black loses the queen.
1. d4 Nf6 2. Bg5 c6 3. e3 (B)
The g5 bishop is lost to a fork on move 3.
1. e4 Nc6 2. Nf3 d6 3. Nc3 Bg4 4. Bc4 Ne5 (W)
This wins a piece. If Black recaptures on e5, White takes the g4 bishop, and if black plays 5...Bxd1, White mates with 6. Bxf7#.
1. d4 Nf6 2. Nd2 e5 3. dxe5 Ng4 4. h3 (B)
White's queen is lost, as 5. fxe3 gets mated after 5...Qh4+.
1. e4 Nf6 2. e5 Nd5 3. d4 Nc6 4. c4 Nb6 (W)
After Black moves the c6 knight, White will attack the other one with 6. c5 and ultimately win one of them.
1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. Bg5 Nbd7 5. cxd5 exd5 6. Nxd5 (B)
Black wins a piece. If White takes the queen with 7. Bxd8, Black wins the queen back with 7...Bb4+.
1. d4 d5 2. c4 dxc4 3. e3 b5 4. a4 c6 5. axb5 cxb5 (W)
The rook is trapped on a8, and Black will have to give up either a knight or bishop to save it.
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nd4 4. Nxe5 (B)
White is in a world of hurt after this fork of e5 and g2. For example, 5. Nxf7 Qxg2 6. Rf1 Qxe4+ 7. Be2 Nf3#.
1. e4 d6 2. Nf3 Nd7 3. Bc4 g6 (W)
After 4...Kxf7 5. Ng5+, Black has 3 ways to lose. 5...Ke8 and 5...Kg7 lose the queen after 6. Ne6, and Black gets mated shortly after 5...Kf6 6. Qf3+.
1. e4 c6 2. d4 d5 3. Nc3 dxe4 4. Nxe4 Nd7 5. Qe2 Ngf6 (W)
Oops! Fell for a smothered mate in the opening.
1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. e5 c5 4. c3 Nc6 5. Nf3 Bd7 6. Bb5 (B)
Black wins a pawn due to the discovered attack on the b5 bishop. If White plays 7. Bxd7+, Black rescues the knight with 7...Nxd7.
1. e4 e5 2. Nc3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Bc5 4. Qg4 Qf6 (W)
After 5...Qxf2+ 6. Kd1 Kf8 7. Nh3 Qd4 8. d3, Black's position is just horrible.
You haven't played this game yet.
You Might Also Like...
Fast Food Restaurants
(warning: may contain spoilers)
Created Oct 20, 2009
Top Games Today in Miscellaneous
Clickable Matching Pairs
Top Games with Similar Tags
Fast Food Restaurants
Top User Games in Miscellaneous
Another IQ Test
Gimme an 'F'
Unisex Baby Names per Decade
HIDE THIS WARNING
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+
2007-14 © Sporcle, Inc.
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties
Go to the Sporcle.com Mobile Site →