The Sporcle blog is running a series to highlight some of our hard-working curators. Curators are editors for a specific subcategory, and their diligent work finding great quizzes from their subcategories (and sometimes others) helps to shape the site. We asked our curators to complete an interview of sorts, and we’re sharing their responses here on the blog.
We know our readers love the internet just as much as we do, so we think you might want to see some of the links that we’re passing around at Sporcle HQ. Just make sure to let us know about any links we might have missed in the comments. Enjoy the clickable carnage below!
- The NFL is in full swing and there is no better way to follow the season than in our NFL Trivia category. Just remember…Vinny Testaverde is always lurking. [Sporcle NFL Trivia]
- The World Series starts today, and though this ‘global’ series has only ever featured teams from two countries, it remains an exciting fall event watched by millions. [MLB]
- Just a week after the release of the iPhone 4S, Android has released the latest version of their mobile platform nicknamed ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’. We think Apple should start nicknaming their devices after breakfast foods. We’d definitely buy something named after maple syrup. [eWeek]
- Researchers at MIT have developed a device that allows you to see through walls. We can’t imagine something like this being misused in any way. [DigitalTrends]
- For your random and amazing Sporcle quiz of the day, we’ve selected the Bohemian Rhapsody quiz. After seeing Wayne’s World dozens of times, we can’t resist having a furious headbanging session while listening to this song. It may be the most over-the-top song ever recorded, and that’s just the way we like it.
We know our readers love the internet just as much as we do, so we think you might want to see some of the links that are being passed around at Sporcle HQ each and every day. Just make sure to let us know about any links we might have missed in the comments. Enjoy the clickable carnage below!
- If you’re a football fan, you have to check out our NFL subcategory page. It’s filled with thousands of NFL specific quizzes that will keep you busy for a long time. [Sporcle NFL Trivia]
- We were very sad to learn of Steve Jobs’ passing yesterday. We’ve read plenty of elegant eulogies, but it can’t be overstated that he was an extraordinary human being. [Apple.com]
- The MLB playoffs are seriously heating up with three out of four series going to game five. It all starts with the Tigers and Yankees tonight. [MLB]
- All we can tell you about this link is that it features interactive bouncing cats. We’re pretty sure this is the second best site on the internet. [CAT BOUNCE!]
- For your random and amazing Sporcle quiz of the day, we’ve selected the Famous Faces (Badly Drawn) Quiz. We don’t know why we love this quiz so much, but it’s both a challenge and truly a stimulating diversion.
For the past few weeks you may have noticed a change in the air. The Northern Hemisphere is once more beginning its lean towards the sun, the birds are singing, and deer are shedding their antlers. This can only mean one thing…baseball season!
Last year the Sports department at Sporcle occasionally hijacked the home page and managed to publish the opening day lines ups from the past 20 years for every team in Major League Baseball. In case you missed it, we have assembled these quizzes for your playing pleasure below.