Since the recent publications of books like The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, zombies (and zombie trivia) have certainly been in vogue. In 2010 Seattle hosted a Zombie-con, which included everything from guest appearances by Bruce Campbell to a vintage zombie prom. Zombie films have exploded in popularity, and these days zombies come in all forms: some are altered by nuclear radiation, others are the classic risen from the grave type, and still others are monsters effected by poisons, evil spirits, what have you. It’s able to be fun because it’s not really possible…right? What if zombies could be a real threat, what if there really were a mind controlling parasite or virus that would manipulate its host’s behavior to its own ends? What if science suddenly becomes a lot more like science fiction?
We know our readers love the internet just as much as we do, so we think you might want to see some of the links that are being passed around at Sporcle HQ each and every day. Just make sure to let us know about any links we might have missed in the comments. Enjoy the clickable carnage below!
- If you’re a football fan, you have to check out our NFL subcategory page. It’s filled with thousands of NFL specific quizzes that will keep you busy for a long time. [Sporcle NFL Trivia]
- We were very sad to learn of Steve Jobs’ passing yesterday. We’ve read plenty of elegant eulogies, but it can’t be overstated that he was an extraordinary human being. [Apple.com]
- The MLB playoffs are seriously heating up with three out of four series going to game five. It all starts with the Tigers and Yankees tonight. [MLB]
- All we can tell you about this link is that it features interactive bouncing cats. We’re pretty sure this is the second best site on the internet. [CAT BOUNCE!]
- For your random and amazing Sporcle quiz of the day, we’ve selected the Famous Faces (Badly Drawn) Quiz. We don’t know why we love this quiz so much, but it’s both a challenge and truly a stimulating diversion.
We know our readers are folks who love the internet just as much as we do, so we think you might want to see some of the links that are being passed around at Sporcle HQ each and every day. Just make sure to let us know about any links we might have missed in the comments. Enjoy the clickable carnage below!
- Did you know that Sporcle has re-launched the Sporcle College Leaderboard? We put it on hiatus over the summer, but now that school is getting underway, we’ve updated it once again. Congrats to the University of Maryland for being on top. [Sporcle College Rankings]
- We think you should check out the new design of the Boston Globe. It’s a pretty simple concept, a website that automatically scales with your browser. We’re thinking that sites like this just may be the future of the web. [BostonGlobe.com]
- Most of the time we have no idea which website is easiest to book flights on; there’s the one that has William Shatner and the one that floats on water. However Google jumped into the game yesterday with the appropriately titled Google Flights. We’re fans of the simple interface, and figure that since Google knows everything else about us anyway, we might as well tell them where we’re going too. [Google Flights]
- Like many of you out there, we were very amused by the #WhoIsBetterThanRomo trend on Twitter this week. To all you Tony Romo fantasy owners: We’re sure he’ll bounce back next week. If he doesn’t? We’ve heard that bashing him on Twitter helps ease the pain. [Twitter.com]
- For your random and amazing Sporcle quiz of the day, we’ve selected Rhymes with Cat. When we published this quiz to the homepage, we wondered if it would be loved or hated, and even now we’re not sure which way it swung. Either way, it’s deceptively simple, and so, so frustrating when you have just one answer left to go.