The leaves are getting crunchy and the air is getting crisp. It’s time to celebrate Back to Sporcle Week 2014!
Today we will be looking at a countdown of the top 10 Sporcle games of the summer. These games were some of our most creative and most played – have you played them all?
Top Quizzes of the Summer Countdown
10) Criteria Countries: World Cup Edition The World Cup is good for a lot of things: getting people excited about the world’s most popular sport, giving people a chance to cheer their country on, and giving us an excuse to play more soccer quizzes on Sporcle.
9) The Uncheatable Challenge We get a lot of creative quizzes on this site, but this is one of our favorites. It’s simple: just keep clicking buttons until you find the quiz-ending mine.
8) Journey through the USA Summer is for road trips and travel. This quiz allows you to go on a tour of the continental United States without getting up from your computer. Now if only there was some way to drive to Hawaii…
7) Avoid the ‘A’ Countries Tricky minefields are the specialty of the geography section. All you have to do for this quiz is type in countries that don’t have the letter ‘a’ in their names.
6) Forced Order Logic Puzzle Sporclers love logic puzzles. This one is particularly tricky.
5) Planets, Lakes, and Princesses Any quiz that involves Jupiter, Rapunzel, and Lake Superior as correct answers is a winner in our book. How fast can you find the correct answers in each category?
4) Pixar Bunker Think you know everything there is to know about The Incredibles? What about Finding Nemo? If you’re a Pixar fan, you need to check out this bunker of ever-increasingly difficult questions about this world famous animation studio.
3) FIFA World Cup Bunker Speaking of bunkers, here’s one from everyone’s favorite major sporting event of the summer. Soccer? Check. Tough questions? Check. Bragging rights for the winners of this quiz? Absolutely!
2) Anything But US States Most clickable games in this vein, such as Countries of the World (Redux), ask you to click on the correct answers in a given category. This one reverses that time-honored tradition and asks you to click on anything that is not a US state. This means that correct answers in this quiz range from ‘Nicholas Cage’ to ‘I find your lack of faith disturbing’. Check it out – and be prepared to lose your place laughing at the answers.
1) 2014 World Cup Stars This game was so popular, it got more plays than the next four games in our top 10 combined. The World Cup was undoubtedly the top event of the summer on Sporcle, and this game was the top game. It’s deceptively simple and quick, and it requires more than just passing knowledge of the beautiful game. We have our winner!
Next time on Back to Sporcle Week 2014: Contests!