This is part of Sporcle’s long-running series highlighting our hard-working curators. Curators are editors for a specific subcategory, and their diligent work finding great quizzes from their subcategories (and sometimes others) helps to shape the site. We asked our curators to complete an interview of sorts, and we’re sharing their responses here on the blog.
1) How did you first get involved with playing Sporcle?
In high school my friend got me hooked on playing it during computers class and I was addicted from the start. After that came signing up and making my own quizzes, which gets me further in…
2) What are your favorite published quizzes from your subcategory?
My first subcategory is Easter, which is a small one, but still pretty fun. There aren’t too many published quizzes from Easter, but I do enjoy these:
3) What are your favorite contributed quizzes from your subcategory?
There are lots of fun and interesting ones, but my personal favorites are (in no particular order):
- Have You Seen This Cat?
- When Can Easter Be?
- Famous Rabbits and Bunnies
- Identify Movies From Cartoon Bunnies
4) What are your favorite published quizzes from an entirely different category?
My personal favorite published games from a different category are:
- Marvel Villains By Picture
- Marvel Characters By Hands
- Profile: Calvin and Hobbes
- Batman vs Superman
- Schwarzenegger On Ice
- Superhero Party Picture Party Logic Puzzle
5) What are your favorite contributed quizzes from an entirely different category?
My favorite contributed games are:
6) Are there any quizzes you’ve made that didn’t get the attention you were hoping for?
Now while I’ve generally been pretty good with quizzes, never super successful, but never really bad, I have had a few stinkers. One of my personal favorites didn’t get half of the traction I thought it would. This is one of my personal favorites of my games that wasn’t as well received as I had hoped, but It’s still not doing too bad: Superhero Movies By Last/Post Credit Scene
7) Who’s a user whose games you think deserves more attention?
I have come across a lot of users, but there are two in particular who have a lot of great quizzes and seem to know what they’re doing. I have played a lot of their quizzes, and some of their feedback on other quizzes is very useful and helpful. They are BooksAboutStuff and jimborama.