It’s here! We warned you about it just a few days ago, and we’ve just released the krak…err…new game page. There are tons of changes to the new page, and we wanted to highlight just a few of the new features as well as answer some common questions we’ve received. Without futher ado, let’s move on to some of the highlights.
- ‘Challenge Your Friends on Facebook’ Option.
- New Facebook Share buttons
- Random Category & Subcategory link on each game.
- Improved look and feel for embedded pictures & videos.
- Updated ‘Popular Games’ today section
- Restored the Hide Comments button.
- Reduced time before the ‘give up’ button appears. Now 7 seconds instead of 17.
- More room for game notes, including the ability to add HTML to a game note. (Tags accepted:<br><b><h1><h2><h3><h4><i><li><ol><strong><u><ul>)
Frequently Asked Questions
The game pages seemed fine, why’d you change everything?
We wrote out a few reasons for changing the game pages in our preview post from earlier this week. The short answer is that we wanted you see the most important pieces of the game page first, and to do that we had to make some major changes.
Where’s the link to the comments?
The comments link is now at the top of the page right next the number of game plays, and the rating. Clicking that link will open the comments section. You can also click the show comments link at the bottom of the page.
Where did the game notes go?
All game notes are currently displayed under ‘How to Play’. We’ve increased the number of characters that can be added to that section, and you can use limited HTML when creating games.
What are those little icons next to the ‘How to Play’ section?
We’ve simplified our game instructions and now they’re visual icons. Hovering your mouse over the icon will give you an explanation of what each of them does.
Why can’t I leave a note when I nominate a quiz?
The feature where you could leave a note along with your quiz nomination wasn’t used all that often, and many people thought it was a requirement. We’ve simplified the nominating process so now all you have to do is click the button. We hope this encourages more people to nominate the quizzes the love.
A quiz I made looks terrible in the new game format, what do I do?
Please report the quiz using the ‘Other’ designation and let us know what’s wrong. We’ll get it fixed.